Golden Reel Slot Machine: How to Win a Progressive Jackpot
Golden Reel is about as old school as it can get in a 2017 online slot. The company that created it is Novomatic. It’s an Austrian outfit which provides gambling services to large parts of Europe and has been involved in the gaming industry since way back in 1980.
Johann F. Graf was the man with the idea and some experience importing pinball machines into Austria from Belgium. Novomatic was the name of Graf’s new company and its purpose right from the early days was to manufacture and distribute gaming machines. Graf still owns most of the company today and it’s now an organization with more than 19,000 employees around the world.
Novomatic software is now ubiquitous in much of Europe and its physical machines are in place in numerous casinos in Germany, Switzerland, the Czech Republic and others. Sportsbetting is also a key component of the brand although that’s limited to Austria and Romania.
Just like a classic fruit machine, you will find nothing but the reels of the game on display. The blackened reels are brought to life with the bold and colorful symbols floating around – these are 3D fruits of; oranges, plums, cherries, lemons, grapes, and watermelons. You will also find a triple green bar, red 7’s, joker and gold bullion bars.
Paylines are shown via the forty differently colored lines to the left and right of the reels and thanks to an easy to navigate control panel, you can adjust your bets with ease.
As with all Novomatic slot machines, your control panel is situated to the lower of the screen and allows you to initiate the autoplay feature, view the paytable, adjust your paylines, bet per line and activate the spinning of the reels. You will notice a blacked-out gamble button – this will come into play when you land a winning combination on the reels.
Golden Reels has five reels ad forty paylines offering you multiple winning options and a really good bet range to suit all budgets. Lining up the different fruit-themed symbols of the slot will award you with a coin prize. What exactly each symbol may pay you can be seen on the pay-table, where the various coin prizes are depicted. You can play from 0.40 to 100, making it a versatile game that allows you to manage your bankroll well.
Two keys are used to start the spins. The Start button triggers the reels to action in a manual mode, and the Autoplay button – in an automatic mode. Auto play allows you to sit back and watch the reels spin automatically on your behalf – just click the button and choose how many spins you want it to play out. You can count on winnings by collecting three, four, or five identical symbols on the active line. Cherries are an exception, as it forms paid combinations when there are two of them or more. The Return to Player Ratio (RTP) is 94%.
- The Wild (a Joker) is imaged at all reels in vertical stacks. It can form combinations on its own, but it also replaces other symbols, except the Scatters, when necessary. Moreover, it is used in the drawing of the progressive jackpot. Five of a kind of the Joker symbols will boost your bankroll with 1,000 times your bet. Also, you can get 200x for four and 30x for three such icons.
- The Scatter (Golden Bar) also drops out at all reels. It brings payoffs when it shows up on any position on the screen. Wins are calculated by the total bet. You can get up to 10,000 coins, the highest payout, for five Scatters. You will also be awarded 1,000 and 100 coins for four and three such symbols respectively. Scatters are the key to the Bonus spins feature.
- The most expensive standard image is Lucky Number 7. It multiplies the line bet by 20x when three images appear on the reels. You will also receive 80x your wager for landing four of them. Finally, if you draw five Lucky 7s, you will be awarded 400x your stake.
- BAR images award up to 200x for five matching icons. You can also receive 60x and 16x your stake for four and three images respectively.
- Grape and Watermelon icons are worth 120x for five of the kind combination, whereas four and three of the kind combo will bring you 40x and 12x your total bet.
- Five Lemon, Plum, Orange, and Cherry characters will offer 80x. You will be awarded 30x for four matching fruit icons. You will gain 10x your wager for three matching images.
Bonuses and Additional Winning Possibilities
Thanks to the Scatter symbol, you can access one of the main bonus features. When at least three Gold Bars fall anywhere on the playing field, ten free spins of the reels start.
The Gamble comes into play when you land any value base game win – click the button, which lights up only after a winning combination falls out and you will be taken to a stairway of golden steps. This is how you launch the risk game. In this round, you can double the last prize payout. After pressing this key, a card facing down appears on the screen. A gambler must decide and click on one of the two buttons: Red or Black. After that, the card will turn over. If the chosen color corresponds to the revealed suit, the winning is multiplied by 2 times, and the round can be continued. After the first mistake, the last won amount is burned, and the risk game ends.
The Joker will not be having the last laugh, because should you manage to spin in a slot machine full house of jokers - that is an entire 5x4 set of reels worth of grinning, red-cheeked joy or twenty in total, you will trigger the progressive jackpot that corresponds with your stake – the more you spend per spin, the more you can win.
Best Casinos to Play Golden Reel Slot Machine At
Are you ready to try your chance with the jackpot? Then head over to two recommended gambling locations we prepared for you below.
- Star Games was established in 2008 and licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority. The site is translated into many languages and it mainly works with Euro and the British Pound. Here are the banking methods StarGames accepts: Bank Wire, Carte Bleue, Click and Buy, Maestro, MasterCard, Neteller, and PaySafeCard.
- Slots Million was created in 2014. It holds licensing from the UK Gambling Commission and the MGA. Upon registration, you will be offered a generous welcome bonus which will help you stretch out your initial deposit to get more play from your investment.
More Games by Novomatic
- Book of Ra features five reels and just ten paylines and the narrative is one of Egyptian adventure and archaeological discovery. Hieroglyphics adorn the columns which frame the screen and above the reels, you can see the sun setting behind the pyramids. The spinning Book of Ra itself is both the wild and the scatter symbol and it will trigger the bonus feature.
- Elemental Dragons lets you travel to the Far East for an encounter with mystical dragons. This unexpectedly feature-rich game from this developer comes with random features, Power Reels, four different extra wilds and a Dragon Bonus Spins round with Sticky Wilds that can lead to wins of up to 4,000 times your stake.
- Mighty Trident has five reels and twenty paylines. Based on the god of the sea (Poseidon), the Greek mythology-themed offering is playable across all devices and benefits from 5 bonus features – 4 of them are triggered randomly in the base game. You have the Bonus Spins feature where there are ten free spins up for grabs as well as super stacked symbols (of the 5 highest value symbols) for even bigger wins.
If you are looking for similar games, we created the list below for your attention.
- Stoned Joker by Fugaso uses traditional fruit machine symbols of 7´s, strawberries, pears, grapes, watermelons, plums, oranges, cherries and lemons and combines them with themed Joker Wild and Star Scatter symbols. There is a Card gamble game that you can play after a winning spin. It gives the opportunity to win one of three jackpot amounts.
- Bells on Fire by Amatic has a special bell symbols and perhaps unsurprisingly, these are on fire with animated flames heating them up. Landing the bells will also heat up gameplay, with Bonus spins triggered anytime three or more appear across the five reels of this 100-line game.
- Hot Forties Quattro by Stake Logic is a truly classic slot game that will take you back to the forties! Five reels with no less than four rows are filled with classic symbols and crossed by a massive forty win lines! The Wild symbol replaces other symbols to enhance your chances of big winnings. And how about your stakes being multiplied several times at the sight of three or more scatter symbols?