Pirate on The Edge Slot Machine Review [with Level-Based Play]
This is a non-progressive slot released and delivered to hundreds of online lobbies on July 11th, 2019. It has an unknown volatility, but its return to player percentage is on display, and it could’ve been better. It amounts to only 94.19%, leaving us to a conclusion that the only factor to balance this low RTP is the game’s engaging theme and lots of features.
The slot’s developer and provider is the Skywind Group. This is a company that specializes in story-based titles, and its portfolio is home to hundreds of releases dedicated to all sorts of themes. The creative team also dedicates plenty of time to delivering some of the top-quality features.
Tip: The studio shares all of its news about upcoming releases in the newsfeed of their official LinkedIn profile.
Meet the Misfits!
While our database is home to hundreds of pirate-themed slots, this one is probably among the few that not only depicts the theme, but even transfers it into features. Meet the five entertaining characters and rivals on the reels - the lady in pink, the girl in yellow, the older guy in green, the younger man in blue, and the slightly overweight man in orange.
Visuals are a combination of the classic pirate genre combined with stylish steampunk design. Among other characters on the reels, there are cannons, parrots, chests of gold, black flags with skulls, bottles, and other items traditional to the genre. The game has a stylish 3D rendering and a unique soundtrack.
It takes five reels, three rows and twenty fixed win lines to tell this story. Each line can be raised or lowered in wager due to nine bet levels. This allows players to pay anywhere between 0.80 cents to 100 credits per a spin. With an RTP that low, however, we would advise to keep it on a reasonable level, even despite all the numerous features.
- The pirate’s ship is Wild, and it not only acts as a substitute, but also pays up to 1,500x the line stake.
- There are no Scatters in this game.
- Collect up to 1,500x the line stake for a five-of-a-kind combination of a handful of gems.
- Cannons pay up to 750x the line stake.
- Rewards for parrots reach up to 375x the line stake.
- Value of bottles and magnifying glass reaches 250x and 200x the line stake, respectively.
- Maximum combinations of the black flag bestow up to 150x.
- Card icons from Ace to ten are worth between 100x to 30x the line stake.
Bonuses & Additional Winning Possibilities:
The game is divided into sessions of 200 spins. For every 200 rotations, you can pick any of the five pirate characters that entertains you the most to be your leading personage.
When the pirate symbol lands horizontally adjacent to the chest with treasures from one of the rival, or its own (there are five types of chests), this chest may be collected. A chest is worth 7x the total stake, and it is placed at the counter located to the left of the grid, where all five characters are displayed.
Mind you, though, that your sneaky rivals may also steal your treasures from you. The overall reward for all the collected chests is counted at the end of the 200-spins session.
Any win will raise a flag located to the right of the grid by one position. Once the flag is up, you can enjoy up to a dozen of free spins. There is also a random Wild feature. A Wild landing on the third reel may trigger the Wild Anchor re-spin.
Best Casinos to Play Pirate on the Edge Slot Machine at:
There are around five online operators that we can recommend for playing this entertaining release for free or for real money. Here are your options:
- Videoslots is one of the biggest online lobbies, and it has more than a decade of experience and over 3,000 releases. Licensing is from the Malta Gaming Authority, the United Kingdom Gambling Commission, and the jurisdictions of Italy, Sweden and Denmark.
- Slots Million is Videoslots’ closest competition in terms of the amount of games, and it offers over 2,000 titles from well over forty content creators. There is also a unique Virtual Reality section.
- Red Star opened the doors to its virtual lobby in 2005. It is licensed and regulated by the jurisdiction of Curacao and supports browser-based and mobile-friendly games, as well as plenty of promotions.
- LuckyCasino dates to 2015 and is both Malta and Curacao-compliant. It has more than five language adaptations and six currencies for financial transactions. Welcome promotions are available here.
- Dafabet is among a few gambling destinations in our lobby compliant with the rules and regulations of the jurisdiction of the Philippines. It has more than a decade of experience and provides games, poker and Sportsbook to its registered members.
More Releases by the Skywind Group
- Joker Goes Wild is one of the recent releases from the studio, and its action unfolds on the Medieval grid. Joker Wilds may convert high-paid symbols into Wild ones, and they may also bestow multipliers between 2x to 5x.
- Cheshire Wild is a release dedicated to the famous book, and the slot’s main character, the Cat, will trigger Wild re-spins with locked and stacked Wild reels.
- Queens of Ice and Fire is a fantasy-themed slot with two main characters on the reels, and an abundance of features. The list includes but is not limited to two game modes and free spins.
Are you into pirate adventures? Then we’ve got you covered with our big selection of slots on a similar topic, but from other content suppliers:
- Ghost Pirates by Net Entertainment offers an adventure with a pinch of a thrill added to it. This spooky release also involves free spins, in which all wins will be tripled.
- Pirates Smugglers Paradise by Yggdrasil Gaming embraces a totally different atmosphere, with bright vibrant colors and a joyful setting. As to the features, there are cascading symbols and level-based play.
- Pirates Plenty by Red Tiger Gaming offers a somewhat fairytale setting, a possibility to score up to 1,000x the total stake, and several other features - stacked symbols, Expanding Wilds and bonus rotations.