European Blackjack is a table game adapted by the team of Switch Studios that is a modern and a highly recommended version of the good old game. Follow our review to discover its possibilities, payouts, and recommended casinos.
European Blackjack [by Switch Studios] Review
Released on May 31st, 2019 this is a non-progressive table game. This is a release played with a standard set of two decks containing 52 cards each.
Its developer and provider is Switch Studios – a fairly new studio that has an exclusive deal with Microgaming to produce table games for the portfolio of the i-tech giant. Just recently the team of the label became guests to our portal, and here are some thoughts they shared on the future of table games:
“Our reasons for moving into table games development was borne from our prior experience and continued interest in the vertical during our time in the free-to-play gaming sector. Whilst the technology from the device and platform side had moved on greatly, we noticed there had been no real advancements in terms of innovation from a gameplay perspective and we wanted to get ahead of this and shake up the vertical. The audience has grown exponentially! It’s only been in the last couple of years that innovation in this field has started to kick in, where we can see examples of developers trying new things and creating games that appeal to a new generation of players. This certainly ties in with our own plans to revolutionize table games for both new and established audiences.”. For more, check out the full interview.
Tip: Be sure to check Switch Studios’ official online portfolio to play the game for free.
As mentioned earlier, two decks with 52 cards each are in play, and you may split if you end up with two cards of same denomination. You can also use a double-down mode added to the rules.
The goal of the game remains the same – beat the dealer’s hand by collecting the higher number that should not, in its turn, exceed 21 points.
Best Casinos to Play European Blackjack At:
Here are several reputable online operators that serve content by Switch Studios and offer promotions in addition to gaming:
- Casumo was founded in 2012. It has licensing from the jurisdiction of Denmark, as well as the Malta Gaming Authority and the United Kingdom Gambling Commission. Its content is available in over ten languages.
- 32Red is a platform powered by Microgaming and decorated with several prestigious awards. It exists since 2002 and has licensing from UKGC, the jurisdictions of Sweden and Gibraltar.
- Lucky Emperor opened the doors to its virtual lobby in 2003 and is certified by the jurisdiction of Kahnawake. English is the only language for services, and multiple software developers are available in the library.
- Royal Vegas has more than two decades of experience and complies with the Maltese regulations. This is a mono-soft brand with content by Microgaming, which in this case distributes Switch Studios’ games.
- BetSpin has more than five years of experience, licensing from MGA, UKGC and the jurisdictions of Spain and Curacao. Inspired, Net Entertainment, Nolimit City, Play’n GO and many other popular developers are available in the library.
Several other great table games with modern adaptations are available in our database, and here are some of the options:
- Lighting Roulette by Evolution Gaming is a live release with interactive elements.
- Baccarat by Oriental Game comes with a convenient mobile adaptation.
- Blackjack Vegas Strip by Red Rake Gaming is a non-live and instant cross-platform release.