Cleo's Gold Slot Machine (with Casinos) Reviewed
Released in 2017, Cleo's Gold is a non-progressive video slot designed by Platipus Gaming. Many people in the iGaming industry think Platipus sprang onto the scene out of nowhere back in 2014. But the rapid emergence of the casino game development studio, with its bold statement of “always aiming for perfection”, can be attributed to its three experienced founders.
The trio honed their expertise in the industry through online casino development and distribution for more than a decade before deciding to concentrate their efforts on the social gaming arena. This led to the establishment of Platipus Gaming SA in Panama sometime during 2011. In December of the same year, Platipus Gaming launched the Miracle Slots & Casino app on Facebook. That might have been the company’s very first app, but it remains incredibly popular among hundreds of thousands of players to this day.
The game uses an Egyptian theme with vibrant colors, and easy to use gameplay features. Cleo is meant to portray the infamous Cleopatra from ancient Egyptian folklore. Cleo's Gold from Platipus Gaming has been set on a background of an Egyptian temple entrance. The casing of the reels is neat and has a relevant design for the theme at hand. The symbols on the reels are uncharacteristically brightly colored but do represent the standard Egyptian themed icons that come through on most Egyptian themed slots.
On the reels, you will find Egyptian golds and symbols that represent the medium paying items including Cleopatra's head, a Scarab, Anubis, and many others. The lower paying symbols are the standard card playing numbers 10 through to Ace.
Cleo’s Gold has five reels with twenty paylines. All wins go from left to right on the reels. Paylines are fixed, with bet amounts between 0.01, up to 0.20 per line. Total bets are rather small at only 4.00 a spin. Therefore, wins will not be as large as you may find on other online slots.
Autoplay has been added, as well as a fast play button that stops each spin much faster than normal. You can choose to play in regular mode and enjoy the anticipation of each spin. Or turn the fast forward play function on for quick play.
Autoplay is available for up to 1000 spins at a time, though you should exercise caution before choosing this option, as there are no optional loss limits available. A menu offers you sound options, paytable information, detailed game info, and hand history. As is the case in other Platipus slots, the overall theoretical return to player ratio is slightly below the industry average at 94.01%.
- The Wild symbol is a logo with a Pyramid on it. The Wild can replace all symbols except the Scatter. It does not offer any credits prize on its own.
- The Scatter is the logo of Tutankhamun's head. It is your key to triggering a Bonus Game.
Platipus Gaming created the following icons to enhance the theme of Cleo's Gold. They include:
- Queen Cleopatra is the highest paying icon. You can pick up to 1,000x your wager for five of them. In order to get 600x and 80x your bet, four and three identical icons must appear on the reels.
- The Scarab pictogram is worth up to 900x for five matching pictograms. You will get 500x and 70x your stake for four and three of such icons respectively.
- A Bust of Anubis will award you 800x your wager for collecting five of them. While a quartet of matching images will bring you 450x whereas a trio - only 60x your bet.
- If five Horus characters appear on the reels, your bankroll will be increased by 750x your stake in order to collect 350 and 40x, you need to find four and three identical icons.
- Eye of Ra offers up to 500x your bet for five of the kind combination. Finding four or three such characters will let you pocket 200x and 25x respectively.
- If five Ankh images land anywhere on the screen, you will be awarded the maximum of 400x your wager. A quartet of matching images will bring you 100 whereas a trio - only 15x your stake.
- Platipus Gaming included five card-rank symbols for the low-tier pays in this game. Thus, the Ace and King get you 200x for five, and five Queen, Jacks, and Tens are worth 150x your bet. You can scoop between 60 and 50x your stake for four of any matching card images. The lowest payout is given for three Queen, Jacks, and Tens, which is just 7x your wager.
Bonuses and Additional Winning Possibilities
Cleo’s Gold may be underwhelming when it comes to payouts. But this slot does offer a “Choose Your Bonus” feature. When three bonus symbols land on reels two, three, and four, you get to choose between quite a few options based on how you want to play your game. This gives you some say in how your game will be played.
- FIVE Bonus Spins with Sticky Wilds.
If the Wild appears during the Bonus Spin Round, it will stick in place until the end of the round. The Sticky Wild turns any symbol behind it into a Wild, and this symbol can substitute any symbol except the Bonus icon.
- TEN Bonus Spins with Expanding Wilds
If the Wild appears during the Bonus Spin Round, it will expand to fill the reel until the end of the round. The Expanding Wild turns any symbol behind it into a Wild, and this symbol can substitute any symbol except the Bonus icon.
- FIFTEEN Bonus Spins and Stacked Wilds
During the Free Spin round, the Wild appears as stacked only and can replace any symbol except the Bonus icon.
Best Casinos to Play Cleo's Gold Slot Machine At
If you wish to try this game out, then head over to two recommended betting locations we prepared for you below.
- iLucki was established in 2018. It is licensed and regulated by the government of Curacao. The operator works extensively with various cryptocurrencies, such as bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Dogecoin for deposits and withdrawals. You can also use traditional payment methods, which include Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, and others.
- BitStarz serves up a whole new way to enjoy online slot machines, table games and much more. That is because this website gives its patrons the option to deposit and withdraw funds via the digital currency of Bitcoin. It is fully trustworthy with a license under the Curacao Gaming Control Board. You can also use several traditional payment methods as well as Bitcoin. All these methods are fast, efficient and secured by industry-standard encryption technology.
More Games by Platipus Gaming
- Rhino Mania depicts a trip to the African Savannah filled with wildlife. Wild animals, adrenaline and new adventures are waiting for gamblers, and Slotegrator’s team is happy to share the game details. It has a six by four reel game with 4096 ways to win substituting classical pay lines. The Ultimate Bonus is available when the Free Spins feature round has finished with less than 10x the total bet. In this case, the result automatically gets increased to 10x total bet. Wild symbols can transform into 2x or 3x wild multipliers if free spins form a winning combination.
- Triple Dragon transports you to the fascinating, adventure-packed world of Samurai Era Japan. This six-reel, four-line slot features an elaborate bonus feature and refreshingly accurate detail with respect to its East Asian theme. The bonus feature of the game dominated by three dragons should have three phases. After the appearance of bonus symbols on the first three reels to trigger the feature, players first choose between one of three gates to reveal what kind of free spins will be awarded: free spins with expanding wilds, free spins with expanding wilds that slide to the right, or free spins with expanding wilds that slide to the left.
- Legend Of Atlantis is based on the legend of the sunken, lost city of Atlantis, which has captured imaginations for generations. Any time a stack of the same three symbols appears on the first reel, two automatic respins are awarded, with all symbols of the three that triggered the feature remaining in place. The appearance of three or more scatters on consecutive reels awards 10, 20, or 30 free spins.
You can find out more about other cultures by selecting a different theme.
- More Chilli from Aristocrat is a Mexican-themed video slot. The unique Mexican theme provides unparalleled excitement, and elements synonymous with Mexican culture, such as chili and a host of others that are displayed onscreen to enhance your experience. The game is simple, yet loaded with fun, making More Chili an exceptional option for slots lovers. One of the most attractive features of More Chili lies in the free spin feature. An increasing number of Chili Peppers has the potential to increase the number of reels to your spins.
- Pharaohs temple by Felix Gaming has all it takes to send you all the way to the time of the pyramids, and back. You will be exploring a beautiful and ancient location. Look around and be careful not to unleash any ancient curses, and you might be on the way to some big wins. To win up to 3000 credits, you will need to find 5 scarab amulets scattered around the reels of Pharaoh’s Temple. You will only need 3 of them to play the Pharaoh’s Temple bonus round, where you will have to pick an item in the funeral chamber to reveal a surprise cash prize.
- Lights from Net Entertainment is an Asian themed game which benefits from a Floating Wilds feature – on every spin, up to four symbols turn into wilds to give you bigger wins. However, in the Free Spins feature up to six symbols will turn into wilds on every single bonus spin – you can also get up to thirty bonus spins initially with the possibility to trigger more.