Lara Jones Slot Machine Review [Wins Reach Up to 17,000x the Stake]
This is a non-progressive video slot. It was released on April 19th, 2020. Its volatility is high, and the return to player percentage is healthy. It reaches 96.46%. Within a spin, you may count on winning up to 17,000x the overall stake (if you are lucky).
The developer of this title is Spearhead Studios, a startup working in collaboration with Microgaming. Just recently we’ve published a full guide to the growing network of independent studios that collaborate with the i-tech giant from the Isle of Man.
This is what the representatives of Microgaming said when increasing the company’s global reach by p[partnering with the startup: “Spearhead Studios joins an ever-expanding network of content partners supplying fresh and diverse games to our customers. We are delighted to welcome the team onboard and look forward to adding their exciting titles to our content aggregation platform.”
Tip: If this is the first time you come across content from the Spearhead Studios, then be sure to check out our database for more content from the supplier.
FOLLOWING THE LEGENDARY CHARACTER
Those of you new to the gaming industry will start off fresh with this character, Lara Jones. However, those of you who remember gaming in the 90s will surely recognize the prototype behind this personage of Spearhead Studios…
...yes, we’re talking about Lara Croft, a British archaeologist and tomb raider made popular by Eidos Interactive and made legendary by a growing army of fans in the 90s.
Thus, the girl on the reels has a different last name, the rest of the parallels are just there. Young. Adventurous. Flying solo. An archaeologist… It rings a bell.
For this game, however, the creators come up with a fun plot twist where Lara Jones would raid the tomb of Cleopatra only to discover that she is a reincarnation of the legendary Egyptian ruler. Among other characters on the reels, there are scarabs, Ankh and Eye of Horus amulets, cobras, and card icons from Ace to ten.
The grid has five reels, three rows, and ten adjustable win lines. One line may hold a wager that starts at as little as 0.01 cent. With all lines in, prepare to pay between 0.20 cents to 200 credits.
- The Ankh is the Scatter visible on the first, third, and fifth reels.
- Lara is the Wild card. It will not only pay on its own (up to 3,000x the line stake for a five-of-a-kind combination), but it will also add substitute wins.
- The second symbol as valuable as Lara is Cleopatra that pays up to 3,000x the line stake, too.
- Win up to 1,000x the line stake for the Eye of Horus.
- The value of the scarab and the cobra reaches 500x the line stake.
- Card icons from Ace to ten pay between 250x to 100x the line stake.
BONUSES & ADDITIONAL WINNING POSSIBILITIES
A set of Scatters unlocks the entrance to the tombs. Wander among its tangled corridors to eventually reach the secret chamber. Here, you will play ten free spins. In this bonus session, the Wild Lara cards will be Sticky.
BEST CASINOS TO PLAY LARA JONES SLOT MACHINE AT:
Being a Microgaming partner means receiving access to many leading online lobbies. Among others, Lara Jones slot can be launched at:
- Rizk is the award-winning label that operates since 2015. It is licensed and regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority and the United Kingdom Gambling Commission, as well as by the jurisdiction of Sweden. Its content is targeted mostly at Scandinavia and is adapted to four of the local languages, as well as to English.
- Simple opened the doors to its virtual and instant online lobby recently. This is a Malta-compliant gambling destination with content and services available in English, German, and Finnish. Canadian dollars and Euros are accepted for financial transactions. Withdrawals are fast and the risks of non-payment are low.
MORE RELEASES BY SPEARHEAD STUDIOS
- Popstar is a medium-to-high variance game with 1,024 ways to win. The game was created when the company was not yet a part of Microgaming’s network. The release is inspired by the legendary X-Factor singing contest.
- Book of Souls is a collaboration with GiG Games and the release offers the action of high variance. There are two types of free spins on the reels of this spin machine, as well as solid advertised payouts.
- Midnight Madness is a medium-to-high volatility game with stylish design and a tribute to the 80s. The release supports simple win spinning mechanics with potential wins up to 200x the line stake for certain combinations.
- Wild Reels is a classic slot and yet another collaboration with GiG. The reels welcome you to a disco dance floor where Wilds and Scatters pay, and there are also bonus rotations among other highlights.
If you are into adventures of archaeologists on the reels of the slots, then we’ve got lots of other entertaining releases with engaging stories coming your way:
- Rich Wilde and the Tome of Madness by Play’n GO is one of many series of adventures of the popular fictional tomb raider. This time, he will discover level-based play, cascading symbols, and other bonuses.
- Lara Croft Temples and Tombs (well, we could not leave this character unmentioned) by Triple Edge Studios and Microgaming invites players to explore a plethora of the winning bonuses. Visit the review for details.
- John Hunter and the Book of Tut by Pragmatic Play advertises wins up to 5,000x the stake, as well as free spins and the randomly expanding Wilds among its bonuses. Visit the review for details and links to play.