The Twisted Circus Slot Machine: Explore Tips, Paytable and Bonus Features
Original release saw the world on August 27th, 2015. It seems like not that much time has passed since this non-progressive video slot was introduced to the players, but for the i-gambling industry, each year seems like a separate life, an eternity with lots of mind-blowing technical innovations.
Take Microgaming, for instance, which is both the developer and provider for this release. Just a few years after it rolled out this title, it switched attention from developing revolutionary technologies to hiring smaller studios to do it for Microgaming. We’ll give links to some of those collaborations further down the page.
The Twisted Circus Show!
What could’ve possibly gone wrong? The set of symbols is very traditional to the good old circus. There could’ve been clowns, acrobats, and gymnasts. But nooo. In comes the creative genius of the Microgaming team. With all of its longing for some darker colors, a slightly more spooky portrayal of the characters, and, well, quite a few unusual plot twists.
The team of vanilla characters is replaced by some hard-core personages, including monkeys playing the accordion, snake charmers, and whatnot.
What’s also really cool about the Twisted Circus slot machine is that in 2015 Microgaming started exploring newer animation and visuals, as well as more complex sound design, and all of this is showing on the reels of the game. Did you already purchase your ticket? If not, this is a show worth seeing! Catch up with the latest from the spooky characters on the reels!
This spooky action takes place across five reels and three rows, which is a reel configuration that the company uses frequently. However, there is also some thinking outside the box. Instead of traditional fixed win lines, the team brings along a convenient 243 ways mechanism that ensures better payouts.
But arguably the real strength of this slot lies in its RTP, the percentage of revenue the machine pays out to its players over the long haul. At up to 97%, this game stands head and shoulders above much of the competition.
The configuration allows freedom of choice for both low and high rollers. For instance, if you prefer to play on the safe side, you can invest no less than 0.01 cents per line, which leads to as little as 0.30 cents per spin. You can also pay up to 120 credits per spin.
Look for the Ringmaster character when launching the reels adventure of the Twisted Circus slot machine. Namely, a lot of your winning potential lies in the hands of this man, as when he appears on the third, fourth, and fifth reel, you will be allowed to enter the Big Top and become eligible for the Circus Match Bonus. Also, get 1,200 coins for landing three such icons, so this sounds fun.
The wild symbol takes the form of the Twisted Circus logo. If you’ve played other slots, you’ll know by now that the wild substitutes in place of anything you’re lacking when you’re looking to create a payline, so any time these wilds appear on your reels, you can usually expect a winning spin. It won’t substitute for the bonus or scatter symbols, but otherwise will help you complete paying combinations where it falls on a valid payline. Moreover, you can win between 15,000 and 2,500 coins.
The set of symbols in the Twisted Circus slot would not be complete without the Scatter. This is a symbol depicted as the ticket and all that it takes if three of it on the reels to unlock the feature. In addition to launching the bonus, the Scatter also pays, up to 600 coins for 5.
You will see the following icons on the reels:
Fire eater is the best-paying image in this release. It will award you between 5,000 and 800 coins, while a Lady with a Green Snake offers between 4,000 and 60 coins.
You will also see a tattooed Hercules, who brings between 3,500 and 500 coins for collecting between five and three icons respectively.
A Pair of Twins will let you pocket between 3,000 and 400 coins, while a Contortionist lets you scoop up to 2,000 coins for a five of a kind combination.
Bearded Lady and a Monkey are the lowest paying characters, which deliver between 1,600 and 1,400 coins for five identical icons correspondingly.
Bonuses and Additional Winning Possibilities
Along with the fun theme and a range of bets for all tastes comes a solid set of symbols. Well, we mentioned it at the beginning of the publication. For instance, there is a Circus Match bonus. As soon as you are in it, pick among sixteen symbols. These will hide quite a few valuable expansions. The list includes special Wilds that may significantly increase the initial win. But the main task is to pick and match the characters.
In addition to the Circus Match bonus feature, there are also free spins available via a Scattered combination. This is called the Scatter Ticket bonus, and it leads to the series of up to thirteen free spins. Wins in them may be tripled. The session can be retriggered.
Best Casinos to Play The Twisted Circus Slot Machine At
Quite a few online lobbies still have this game available in their lobbies either for free or for real money. Here are some of the locations to visit:
- Spin Palace was launched more than nineteen years ago! This is a platform licensed and regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority. It covers up to three initial deposits of all the newbies in its welcome bonus.
- Mummy’s Gold was launched back in 2003. This is a Malta-compliant gambling destination, as well, and its content is adapted to more than eleven languages. Gaming is instant and mobile-friendly.
- Roxy Palace exists since 2001. It is Malta-compliant and has licenses from the United Kingdom Gambling Commission and the government of Sweden. There are welcome and ongoing promotions among its offers.
- Goldfishka was launched back in 2002. It is compliant with the rules and regulations of the government of Kahnawake. Microgaming is its only content supplier. There is a downloadable client.
- Betway is a multi-licensed gambling hub regulated by MGA, UKGC, and the jurisdictions of Italy, Sweden, Denmark, and Spain. In addition to games, it supports Sportsbook, poker, and bingo rooms.
More Games by Microgaming
- 9 Pots of Gold was developed together with Gameburger Studios. This is a progressive slot inspired by Irish folklore. Up to 2,000x the total stake can be scored within a spin. There are free spins among its bonuses.
- Lady Earth is a game created in collaboration with the Crazy Tooth Studios. Within a spin, you can count on scoring up to 450x the total stake. There is also a level-based play.
- Anderthals is a reeled adventure with a catchy narrative that takes us back to the beginning of time. This is a release developed together with Just For The Win. Its wins reach up to 2,219x the stake in a spin.
Circus and its aesthetics inspire many other content creators to roll out entertaining reeled stories. Here are some of the newer adventures:
- Respin Circus by ELK Studios is a high-variance release that offers a magical atmosphere on the reels. The studio maintains its signature betting presets, and includes several other valuable features.
- Circus Wonders by Red Rake Gaming takes place across thirty fixed win lines. This is a bright and colorful release, which is an homage to the vintage circus. There are three types of Wilds on its reels.
- Circus of Horror by GameArt is a medium volatility slot with 243 ways to win and a spooky narrative, as well as with some great design, a set of free spins, and a pick-me game.