In many ways, the Cubes slot by Hacksaw Gaming reinvents traditional reel-spinning action. This game combines all the older features, such as cluster wins, progressive multipliers, arcade action, and classic slot configuration, mixes and matches these bonuses, and delivers a totally new experience! Scroll down to a five-minute read that covers the basics of the Cubes slot, its possible payouts, and links to recommended and reputable online lobbies to play at. We also add links to other games similar in concept, as well as provide updates on some of the most recent and trending gambling news. Stay in the loop and don’t miss out on the viral changes in the industry!
Rolled out on May 13th, 2020, this is a non-progressive video slot that supports the advertised maximum payout of 3,000x the total stake within a spin. Its return to player percentage is 96.35%, and the volatility is indicated as medium. The game belongs to the special Pocketz Series of the manufacturer.
The developer of the Cubes slot is Hacksaw Gaming, a relatively new name in the industry. Originally a creator of scratch cards with a total prize pool of over 500,000 credits, it now also looks towards the slot industry. Based on the feedback of forums, players appreciate the company’s bold attempt to rethink traditional reel-spinning. Let us tell you, in an environment as competitive as this one, it is not an easy thing to do!
In order to reach out to the new gaming audiences, the team of Hacksaw currently looks for new partnerships and enters cooperations with the flagman labels of the industry. Among such, there are Videoslots, White Hat Gaming, and SoftSwiss, to mention a few.
Tip: Don’t miss out on any new hot and trending updates from the creative team of Hacksaw Gaming. All of them are available in our database.
THE CONCEPT OF THE CUBE
The creative team of Hacksaw takes the Rubik’s cube as the source of inspiration and applies the concept to the grid. Match the colors in clusters in order to keep the game going. Cubes come in the following colors: green, yellow, red, blue, dark blue, and violet. We hope you appreciate the unique animation applied to the transformations as much as we did. Altogether, visually the Cube slot is a very refreshing experience.
The Cube slot action unfolds on a grid of five reels and five rows, but there is a potential to grow the grid as the wins keep coming. Instead of the traditional bet ways, there are clusters of five or more matching colors. The cost of the spin starts at 0.20 cents and reaches 100 credits.
- Due to the concept, the game has no Wilds, Scatters, or bonus symbols.
- Regardless of the color of the cube, each will pay up to 8x the line stake for a cluster of eight at the lowest stake per spin.
BONUSES & ADDITIONAL WINNING POSSIBILITIES
So, how exactly does this game go?
All you need to do is manage to match five or more clusters of the same color on adjacent vertical and horizontal (not diagonal) positions. As soon as a win happens, one of the letters in the word CUBES above the grid is colored with the corresponding color, and the grid expands by one reel and one row.
A winning streak may eventually grow the layout to eleven reels and eleven rows. This is like cascading reels, with the concept maintained, but the approach altered.
If the winning streak results in cluster wins of different colors, you will be introduced to ten free spins and a random color selected as the leading one. Any successful combination of that color will remain sticky. The grid will not size down on a loss, unlike in the base game.
In the center of the grid, there is an X symbol for the multiplier. Any combinations that overlap with it, will be multiplied up to 22x. Also, if you manage to win a cluster of seventy cubes in free spins, the game will deliver a whopping 2,500x the total stake in the Color Blast feature.
BEST CASINOS TO PLAY THE CUBE SLOT MACHINE AT:
If you feel like all the described winning features of the Cubes slot are right from your street, then check out the following online lobbies where you can play the game for real money:
- Videoslots is one of the obvious picks because, for years now, this company has been growing its presence online, and turning from a niche new online lobby to a major destination with over 3,000 releases to choose from. It is certified by the Malta Gaming Authority, the United Kingdom Gambling Commission, and the jurisdictions of Denmark, Sweden, and Italy.
- BitCasino.io is another well-known name among experienced players. It has been around for many years and was in fact one of the first places to bet and win to welcome financial transactions and wagering in digital currencies in addition to regular ones. The welcome deals cover two initial deposits.
MORE RELEASES BY HACKSAW GAMING
- Check out the studio’s Break the Ice scratch cards game. It is played at a wager of 1 credit per round and is connected to the advertised prize pool of 75,000 coins. Visit the review for more details.
Cluster payouts attract many other software creators to experiment and to elaborate on the mechanism. Among some of the most successful releases, there are the following releases:
- Nikola Tesla’s Incredible Machine is a collaboration between Rabcat and Microgaming. This is a release with ways to win, cascading symbols, progressive multipliers, and level-based play.
- Treasure Temple by Pariplay is a game with a progressive jackpot. The release was highly rated by players. Expect wins from cascading tiles, as well as in a set of bonus rotations. Explore the review for details.
Sticky Bandits Wild Return by Quickspin is one of many games from this company to deliver adventures in the Wild West. There are also sticky and colossal symbols, as well as free spins.